I totally forgot to post here, but I’ve recently released the DreamSDK R2 package!
A lot of improvements and changes are included in this release, like:
- Full Code::Blocks IDE integration, including debugging on the real hardware, directly from the IDE!
- DreamSDK Manager was redesigned and improved a lot.
- A lot of new tools are included now, like makedisc, allowing you to create CD releases of your programs.
- The Help content was improved a lot and it’s now available online (and of course, it’s still available in the package too).
- A lot of other things that you will find out by yourself!
For those who don’t know what is DreamSDK, it’s a package which contains everything you need to develop for the Sega Dreamcast video game console on Microsoft Windows. This isn’t a ready-to-use high level framework like Unity, it’s a low-level SDK which is based on KallistiOS (KOS). So you’ll need to learn Dreamcast programming with KOS and learn C/C++ programming languages.